[RE-wrenches] Ballpark Cost/Watt

benn kilburn benn at daystarsolar.ca
Fri Jun 10 14:23:58 PDT 2011

William is right, there is another list that is suited for these questions.  Ask Michael about it.
benn

DayStar Renewable Energy Inc. benn at daystarsolar.ca780-906-7807 HAVE A SUNNY DAY

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 14:13:03 -0700
To: re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
From: william at millersolar.com
Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Ballpark Cost/Watt

Friends:

I don't know if any of you share my feelings, but I am not real
comfortable corresponding about bidding on this list, for these
reasons:

1. I thought this list was for mechanical / electrical / technical
issues.

2. Anyone would be a fool to let someone else ascertain a bid for
them.  Each contractor has different costs, techniques and
situations.

3. Each job is different.  I avoid even figuring a dollar/watt ratio
for a given job, because it won't necessarily apply to the next
job..

4. I want to avoid any appearance of price fixing.

If the rest of you want to compare notes on pricing, feel free, but I
won't be participating.

William Miller