[RE-wrenches] Magnum energy

Jesse Dahl dahlsolar at gmail.com
Tue May 17 21:05:40 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I posted a week ago about the awful off-grid install at a local hunting shack and we are now moving on to the re-build portion of the job.  I've been looking at the Magnum Energy MS series inverter/charger. I'd like to also use Magnum mini panel for the geny, DC loads, and AC loads.

This is a fairly small system with a about 150w of lighting, maybe a vacuum and a toaster.  They also have a water pump.  I'd like any advice/previous experience with this brand and type of install.  It seems like a nice little system, much better than the RV inverter with no OCP insight.  Does this seem like overkill? I'm sure they would love to be able to power more AC loads if they could, so I don't think they mind a little larger system(inverter watts)

Footnote, I used the Solmetric PV analyzer on the mis-matched module array today 2-unisolar modules and 2 mitsubishi modules, all in parallel.  We ended up with around 318W 16V and 20A at about 960 watts per meter square.

Jesse

Thanks as always,

Jesse
Sent from my iPad!!!