[RE-wrenches] Air conditioning for batteries in high temperature climate

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at 1scom.net
Fri Apr 22 12:54:39 PDT 2011

Re: [RE-wrenches] Air conditioning for batteries in highIt's the efficiency
of the chemical reaction that creates the loss. The electrolyte solution
cannot pull out nor put back the same amount of 'energy' in hotter or colder
conditions. When temperatures moderate, the chemical reaction returns to its
nominal efficiency. The batterys capacity should not be permanently affected
unless SOC reaches extreme levels.
Or that's how I recall the process explained for cold temps. I assume the
same is true for high temps.
Jim