[RE-wrenches] Battery voltage set points and specific gravity

Ian Eastman ian at creativeenergies.biz
Mon Sep 19 17:54:49 PDT 2011

Hi. I was hoping that someone could simply answer a couple questions on
battery voltage set points and specific gravity of cells.
I'm a bastard son of generation "grid tied", and in the last couple years
and a job change have just begun building and servicing battery systems.
First off. I was reading recently that the specific gravity of a cell should
be somewhere close to 1.25 (temp corrections excluded). My question is with
a cell that is reading low, aside from an equalization charge is there
another way to bring the cell closer to its counterparts? And if an
equalization charge doesn't fully solve the disparity, than is that it?
Second. Can anyone clearly line out the voltage setpoints for a charge
controller providing the main source of charging for a battery bank with the
ability to sell back any excess power.
Thank you.

--
*Ian Eastman *| Installation/Project Management
*GO SOLAR!*