[RE-wrenches] RE-wrenches Digest, Vol 4, Issue 298

Greg Egan greg at remotepowerinc.com
Fri Sep 16 11:06:25 PDT 2011

Wrenches,

My experience is that the Rolls are a very good battery, as are the
Hups.  I like single strings for a couple reasons.

1) less connections and less likely that part of the bank will be
maintained at a higher or lower voltage than the rest due to differences
in resistance in string interconnection cables.

2) less cells for the customer to care for.

Greg's law:  The higher the number of cells to water, check sp.gr.,
maintain clean tight connections on, etc. the higher the probability of
early battery death from neglect (involuntary manslaughter) by the customer.

Greg Egan
Remote Power Inc.