[RE-wrenches] Mounting L feet on corrugated metal roof.

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Fri Nov 26 07:48:43 PST 2010

It sounds more like "Grand Rib" rather than sinusoidal. What we normally
do is mount the L-Feet directly to the flat metal sections with a
healthy amount of sealant, similarly creating a watershed on the uphill
side. In my experience, the pad is not necessary. We never crush the rib
with an L-Foot. Although it is time consuming, getting in the attic and
adding blocking between the rafters is preferred. Adjusting L-Feet side
to side without exceeding maximum spans it the way to go in my opinion.
It really depends on the roof structure. If every L Foot is going to
require blocking due to the spacing of the ribs, it could be quite a
job.

One more thing... I have been looking at a product from Eco-Fasten
called Simple Seal that might be helpful. I have no experience with it
yet - any wrenches used it?

Jason Szumlanski

Fafco Solar