[RE-wrenches] Expected Life of SW Inverters

Bob Ellison reellison at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:30:25 PDT 2010

I Went to the Bahamas and checked a system with 5 SW inverters in 3
locations on the island and they were all trashed by the salt environent
They were All trashed to the point that the cases were rusting. I was
told they were under 5 years old and had not worked in a "few years"
This was an expensive system with surrette cased cells that were
boiled dry by some unknown controller (the cover was missing and I had
never seen it before)

My cure, was outback sealed inverters for any salt air enviroment and
I would never use an open inverter within 200 miles of any coast
They bought a huge generator instead !

Sent from my iPod
Bob Ellison