[RE-wrenches] Expected Life of SW Inverters

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Wed Nov 3 08:01:17 PDT 2010

My SW's in Costa Rica had geckos that crawled in to the
circuit boards and died[fried] & as they desiccated they
turn acidic and that really did a number on the circ.
boards.

The salty  environment also did in all aluminum parts and
the interior had a white crust on everything.

In the salt environments use a marine & sealed - coated
unit. It is worth it in the long run. Treat it like a boat
on a beach if you want it to work long term.

Thanks,  Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

web - www.solarwork.com

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"