[RE-wrenches] Ground Mount Screening

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Fri Oct 22 09:36:38 PDT 2010

Bill:

I suppose cheap lattice would do the job, but I can't seem to get
comfortable with the idea aesthetically.  When installing PV, I keep the
mind set that I am installing an industrial power generating system.  You
would not see cheap materials or un-workman-like practices at a commercial
power generating plant, and so I don't allow that on my installs.

I use aluminum for shielding.  I have used sheet aluminum and expanded
aluminum.  It is not that hard to bond.  For expanded aluminum, I use a
dual-rated split bolt on one of the webs (with no-alox), and for sheet
aluminum, I use WEEB clips.

See photos about half way down the page
here:
http://millersolar.com/practices/Technical_Procedures/PV_wiring/PV_wiring.html

William

At 02:57 PM 10/21/2010, you wrote:
>Drake,
>
>I recommend using 4'x8' panels of lattice work that is either wood or PVC so
>that you don't have worry about grounding the material. It is reasonably
>attractive and can hide some of the ugly parts of the array. The panels can
>be held on with battens that screw into the structural member and allow for
>panels to be removed in case the array wiring needs to be maintained.
>
>Bill.

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600
email: william at millersolar.com