[RE-wrenches] Ground Mount Screening

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Fri Oct 22 08:56:52 PDT 2010

Bill,

Thanks for the good idea.  Using a nonconductive material for the
screening makes sense.  Lattice should be sufficient to keep hands,
especially "little hands," away from the wiring.  My understanding of
the rule is that protection is required to prevent easy access to the
always energized DC wiring, not the 240 VAC which will de-energize
when the wiring is disconnected.  Lattice should be adequate, if it
makes the AHJ happy.

Drake