[RE-wrenches] Ground Mount Screening

Matt Lafferty gilligan06 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 16:27:42 PDT 2010

I agree with Bill. Am I the only one who sees this as a 240 VAC application, not a 29.5 VDC application? The AC will be run in cable, not conduit, under the array. Code and common sense say we don't want unqualified people walking up to it and grabbing cables.

If it's a conventional ground rack, lattice is an affordable, reasonably attractive, and effective physical barrier for people and large animals.

This method also doesn't create an attractive nesting place around the wires for squirrels and other knawing critters like an expanded metal backscreen would. And it doesn't affect module warranties.

$0.02001

Matt Lafferty