[RE-wrenches] paralleling FM-60's

boB Gudgel boB at midnitesolar.com
Wed Oct 20 13:23:07 PDT 2010

On 10/20/2010 12:16 PM, jay peltz wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Its not the voltage but amps, the apollo is only 80amps, and the old
> MX's you can push to 70 so no real advantage there.

I think that what he means is that by switching to a 48V battery you can
have (add)
twice as much array  power rating than you can get from a 24V battery bank,
at a given battery output current.   1500 Watt max array for a 60 Amp
controller and
24 Volts or  3000 Watts for a 60 Amp controller and 48 Volts.

Or, 4 times the array size if you compare to a 12V battery system by
going to 48 Volts.

boB