[RE-wrenches] Battery capacity testers

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at 1scom.net
Tue Oct 5 06:42:52 PDT 2010

Bob
since we've scheduled 2 days for the 400a upgrade and generator installation, a 8-12 hour static period for the batteries won't be a problem. I suspect that the half day battery rest before testing VOC is not usually an option for most installers on service calls so their diagnosis could be consistently off the mark.
If my VOC test finds a low cell I want to be able to check it with the capacity tester but I don't find anything rated below 12v. My original question was not "do capacity testers work", I know they do, but which brand is reliable and accurate. Seems that no one uses them so the question goes unanswered. http://www.buchmann.ca/article25-page1.asp A good article on the topic is here for Wrenches enlightenment on newer testing technology.
As for Daryls concern of liability, I have this customers initials beside the paragraph declining a "maintenance contract" on our original 2006 agreement. This customer will pay for the battery maintenance & testing.
Jim Duncan