[RE-wrenches] Padded equipment cases.

Dan Fink danbob at hughes.net
Thu Aug 12 11:45:57 PDT 2010

I have had only good luck with Pelican cases; I have owned quite a pile
of them, from tiny ones to huge--cameras and lenses, video equipment and
mics, studio recording equipment......... The quality of the finished
foam cube inserts inside just depends on the care you take, how sharp
your knife is, and a liberal dose of 3M 77 spray adhesive (for the
deeper cases with multiple layers).

I've bought aluminum cases that were far less sturdy than Pelicans; only
the Halliburtons ever really held up for me, and they are $400 and up
for the size you are talking, plus customization fees (they'll cut the
foam however you want). Expect to pay a grand.

DAN FINK
Buckville Energy Consulting