[RE-wrenches] Picking a Quality Chinese PV Module

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Mon Jul 26 14:37:36 PDT 2010

I tend to side with Peter on this and can recall the days when folks would not buy a German or Japanese product either, now both are respected for quality and politics are put aside. I have used both Trina and Yingli. Both have performed well out of the box. My most recent install was with Trina and the STC to AC was a very impressive 85% and the ambient temp was 85F. Time will tell of course, however I've had to deal w/many failed U.S. made modules over the years and have been bit in the rear far too many times by the likes of Solarex, Siemens, AstroPower and Uni-solar and a massive failure of Japanese made Kyocera's.

I've tried the boycott the Chinese thing and the longer I keep my head in the sand the more I feel like the joke is on me.

-jeff o

>From the Solar, Wind and Hydro powered office of Jeff Oldham/Regenerative SOLutions
SHOCKING: 2010 Honda Civic for $1,732.09
SPECIAL REPORT: High ticket items are being auctioned for an incredible 90% off!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/4c4e00687220c9e9ccst05vuc