[RE-wrenches] low voltage modules in high voltage applications

Jeff Yago jryago at netscape.com
Wed Apr 28 14:37:41 PDT 2010

Ken Schaal and I have been the main solar firms in the Richmond VIrginia area for over 20 years.  Both of us have been contacted by this guy or his electrician and both of us have turned him down to get involved.  I personally told the electrician he hired to do the wiring that this was not safe, that these modules were not intended for high voltage applications, that the connections, roof penetrations, grounding, mounting, and wiring layout does not meet code and is un-safe.

We are also sending someone to this site (at our expense) just to verify how much of this work has been completed and if all we have been told is accurate.  Note sure what more we can do as I do not have contact info for this guy, but will keep trying.

Jeff Yago
DTI Solar