[RE-wrenches] rebar v/s fiber

Kelly Keilwitz, Whidbey Sun & Wind kelly at whidbeysunwind.com
Wed Mar 17 08:48:01 PDT 2010

As long as the pole surface area required is in earth contact I don't
see a problem with that. However, our pole mounts are filled to ground
surface with concrete- usually necessary for foundation strength
requirements.
If the hole is big we use a rebar mesh cage surrounding the pole. If
auger-dug w/ less than 6" annulus no rebar. The mesh helps to keep the
'crete acting as a uniform cohesive block.

Kelly,
from mobile