[RE-wrenches] EnPhase/Racking Best Fit

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Jan 18 14:21:01 PST 2010

Friends:

The T-bolts scare me.  If you get them rotated fully, there is but a little
nib on each end of the T that constitutes your entire hold down
strength.  Fail to rotate them fully and your hold down strength is
compromised.

DPW has a new approach I inspected at the SPI:  The hold down clip is
indexed to the T-bolt.  The T bolt must be fully rotated before the clip
can be lowered between the modules.  I find this way
"more-better."  Another advantage to DPW clips:  they require 1/4" spacing
instead of 1".

I prefer Unirac rail -- I might try substituting DPW hardware into Unirac
rail.  Has anyone tried this?.

William Miller