[RE-wrenches] Square D DC disconnects

Kirpal Khalsa solarworks at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 19:03:31 PST 2010

Yes, we could do that.......however during instances of testing, trouble
shooting, or in the event of a fire it can be helpful to have a wayto quikly
disconnect the inverter from the combiner/fusing *at* the array.  In most
standard electrical work having a disconnect located not in line of sight
from location of work leads to lock out/ tag out procedures....I see no
difference here.  It prevents one from having an inverter/disconnect from
accidentally being turned on when you are working on the roof out of sight
from a homeowner trying to help, or a co worker not paying attention.

Sunny Regards,
Kirpal