[RE-wrenches] Ground Mount Screening

Jason Szumlanski Jason at fafcosolar.com
Thu Oct 21 15:25:53 PDT 2010

Maybe they should require that extension cords be in conduit. :) where do you draw the line? If lattice is good enough, is fiberglass screen okay? How about bird netting or orange construction fence?

Seriously though, we have never been required to use a lattice or fenced enclosure for a ground rack around here to pass inspection. It would be nice if a rack manufacturer came up with a slick and cost effective (cheap) method to cover the back of the panels /racks without losing air flow and meeting code requirements. I would install that regardless of lax local interpretation.

Jason Szumlanski
Fafco Solar