[RE-wrenches] Ground Mount Screening

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Thu Oct 21 15:14:54 PDT 2010

I still wonder about the 30VDC requirement creeping into the Code.  But I
feel even more strange when, and it is hard to keep a straight face, let
alone actually think about relegating the integrity of my PV system
to........panels of wood lattice. Perhaps Home Depot does have the right
idea about solar since I have to go there to get the cheapest of flimsy
matters in order to make a token gesture to a suspect Code requirement.

Come on, if the requirement of the Code is based on sustentative safety
issues, it seems that the minimum appropriate response for a ground mount PV
system would be steel chain link fence.

Hell we have a pool here at our condo and we need a 5 foot metal fence with
self closing gate to keep kids out.  The County would laugh at me if I went
and asked if I could replace it with a wood lattice fence.

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
303 Redbud Way
Nevada City,  CA 95959