[RE-wrenches] attaching to roof decking - Foam Insulation Install

benn kilburn benn at daystarsolar.ca
Mon Jul 19 21:34:32 PDT 2010

after a few requests, i have not been getting any feedback from Direct Power regarding pull out specs for their 'easy feet', which i need for my engineer to be able to give me the go-ahead to use them.does anyone care to comment on the fact that this mounting method only attaches to the roof decking and not the rafters?
i have always been under the impression that if you only attach your racking to the roof decking, it (the decking) could 'rip right off the roof' in that worst case scenario wind storm! but by anchoring to the trusses, the whole roof structure would/should withstand the wind load.  or maybe i was just under the wrong impression and the spiel was that the decking would not hold the screws and the screws would pull out!so am i to understand that by using several (of the right size) screws at each anchor point, the decking (if adequate) will be able to support an array (even if tilted up to 60 deg)???
cheers,benn

DayStar Renewable Energy Inc. benn at daystarsolar.ca780-906-7807 HAVE A SUNNY DAY