[RE-wrenches] electrical permit requirements

Nick Soleil nicksoleilsolar at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 18:38:55 PDT 2010

Of course, I provide the CAD drawing with the string sizes listed, the volts, amps, wire sizing, conduit, and breaker panel specs, label details, percentage of bussbar ratings, THWN-2, and an enormous amount of other details.  I do it for my crew, not for the plan checker.  It takes an expert to know the difference between an expert and an amateur installer, but the plan checker is not the expert, and will not be able to determine if;
 - you sized the Vmp to the Average Ambient High Temp (as most manus do???) or to the 30 year high.
 - They can't verify that the string sizing accounts for degradation of voltage over the life of the system, or
-  That the AC voltage drop is adequate to prevent nuisance shut-offs from high voltages
    So as long as the plan checker can verify that a CAD roof layout has been provided, and other general permit requirements are met, then let us have the permit over the counter at a reasonable fee.

 Nick Soleil
Project Manager
Advanced Alternative Energy Solutions, LLC
PO Box 657
Petaluma, CA 94953
Cell:   707-321-2937
Office: 707-789-9537