[RE-wrenches] electrical permit requirements

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue Jun 15 18:02:19 PDT 2010

Nick:

Rhetorical questions to follow:

If you do not provide string calculations, how do you verify that Voc will
not exceed NEC limits?  How do you verify DC feeder ampacities?  Does your
jurisdiction not verify such parameters?   We know you have a handle on
these factors, but how about the Johnny-come-latelies trying to take your
business?  Should they not be kept to uniform standards meant to protect
the safety of the consumer (and ensure fair competition)?

Can you really expect a field inspector or the customer to verify these
parameters?  I believe all of these issues are best handled by stringent
plan check.

What is more important to you:  saving a few bucks in permit fees or
preventing house fires?

William Miller