[RE-wrenches] Amphenol Helios as MC4 substitute

Rebekah Hren bekahhren at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 05:38:40 PDT 2010

Hi Wrenches,
After the MC4 shortage update a few weeks back I started scouting for parts.
Amphenol showed up as a compatible connector that can mate with MC4 - apparently Suntech d series modules are switching to Amphenol.

Has anyone used/seen these? What do you think the implications might be for connecting an MC4 to a non MC4 (supposedly these mate perfectly and have been tested to have no higher resistance than MC4 to MC4)?

Here's a supplier page: http://sg.farnell.com/jsp/level5/module.jsp?moduleId=en/543752.xml

I have a pdf of the announcement from Suntech with more info, can email on request.
Thanks,
Rebekah Hren
Durham NC