[RE-wrenches] enphase & outback ac coupled

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 16:55:36 PDT 2010

Erika - I don't think you will find any major technical barriers but my
understanding is that it will void the warranty on the Enphase units.  We
installed an AC coupled Enphase system with an SMA Sunny Island and it is
humming along just fine.

Andrew Truitt
Standard Solar Inc.

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Erika M. Weliczko <
erika at repowersolutions.com> wrote:

>  Any issues except the usual ac coupled control mechanisms?
>

> I am looking at a way to have about 14kw of pv in a grid-tie battery backup
> scenario.
>
> Current plan is to use an ac-coupled system with enphase and avoid metallic
> conduit through the building and save on other issues.
>
> The challenges are going to be how to handle all this excess PV properly
> for the grid-tie configuration – perhaps two double stacks of Outbacks would
> work?
>

> Best,
>
> erika
>

> *********************
>
> Ohio License # 44844
> NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer ®
>
> Certified Home Energy Rater
>

> REpower SOLUTIONS
>
> DBE, EDGE, SBE, FBE, CSB
> Visit online: www.repowersolutions.com
> Renewable energy and home energy audits
> 540 East 105th Street; Cleveland, OH 44108
>
> (p) 216.268.2275; (c) 216.402.4458; (f) 216.803.6739

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings:

> List rules & etiquette:

"Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!"

~William McDonough