[RE-wrenches] Refractometer vs Hydrometer?

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Sat Feb 13 12:43:01 PST 2010

We have retired the Hydrometer and now use only refractometer. We have used them for 4+ years now.

Our clients that do their own battery maint. Are so impressed that we have sold quite a few to that crowd too.

They are safer and less intrusive: you only use a drop of electrolyte.

Faster to use than a Hydrometer.

Appear to be a more accurate reading VS. the Hyd….

Will check propylene and eythethlene glycol concentrations.

Are 1/10 as susceptible to getting broken in a work truck or situation.

1/3 the size of a hydrometer and live in a padded case.

Calibrated to distilled H2O and we have never had to re-adjust the setting.

And best of all they are easy to keep clean and do not drip battery acid for days even if the hydrometer is washed out.

A hands down winner in my book - $100-125 at your local plumbing wholesale. You may want to get an extra plastic flap lid, we have had a couple come apart.

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

www.solarwork.com

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

I will be the shift in how the world uses power! - Dana Orzel