[RE-wrenches] Inspectors on ladders and roofs

Keith Cronin electrichi01 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 18:37:20 PST 2010

Wrenches....

Today, when I ran into one of our electrical inspectors, we had a discussion
about having the ability to have thorough inspections for solar.
In our jurisdictional, they are not allowed/required to go on to the roof.

So, how do they ever get to see all of the grounding and mounting methods used
on a roof and verify whether or not they are adequate?

Sure, they ask to open the electrical infrastructure on the ground, but what
about the stuff on top? Combiner box check?

Wiring routed in a way that meets the standard?

What's it like by you?

Thanks

Keith