[RE-wrenches] Housekeeping: product needs

Michael Welch michael.welch at re-wrenches.org
Fri Jun 11 17:27:50 PDT 2010

Hi gang. If you have a comments on this post, please contact me off list.

Some time ago we decided we should allow requests for hard to find products and replacement products on the list.

This has me a bit worried, specially as systems become older and products damaged by weather etc. need to be replaced; and specially as the number of Wrench List members creeps steadily higher. There has been a minor flow of these requests lately, when in the past we have practically had none.

At least for now, let's continue allowing these requests, because I cannot think of another or better means of finding these things when you need them. But in order to keep this to a dull roar, please follow these guidelines:

1. First, please exhaust the methods you can think of for finding the products through normal channels, like your distributors or the former manufacturers.

2. Please always ask Wrenches to contact you off-list with their responses.

3. When responding, please email the seeker directly and off-list instead of on the list.

Thanks much, Wrenches.