[RE-wrenches] Isofoton modules

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at 1scom.net
Sat Jun 12 06:58:54 PDT 2010

Jeff
just last November I installed ~3 kW of Isofoton 150/24s that had been on a
pallet in the back of the shop for several years. After asking around I
found that other Texas installers had only put up a few arrays before the
Spanish based company pulled out of the US market altogether. SolarBuzz
doesn't even list them, at least under that name.
Being a standard 62"x31" with 125mm cells should not be difficult to
duplicate in appearance. But I suspect that you're out of luck finding more
of the Isofoton brand.
They promote the microstructured glass design, an idea I was skeptical about
at first. However the low-light improvement they claim for the fine textured
glass fronts seems to be real. Overcast days production seems noticeably
higher than I'd expected.
I'm just glad that we still have 2 new spares.

Jim Duncan
NABCEP Certified Solar PV
Installer No.31310-57
TECL 2872