[RE-wrenches] Strings and series of batteries

James Surrette james at surrette.com
Wed Dec 2 16:32:03 PST 2009

Hi Tump et al.

In the UK, so sorry for slow response.

Must echo your comments.  A series string is, without a doubt, the most
efficient and things just get more complicated (connections, numbers of
cells, voltage disparity) as you add parallel strings.  Per Tom's
comments, the only solution to multiple banks is bus bars

Regards,

Jamie

James Surrette

Surrette Battery Co. Ltd
1 Station Rd.
Springhill, NS, CAN
B0M 1X0

Direct: 902.597.4027
Fax: 902.597.8447

>>> "Tump" <tump at hughes.net> 12/2/2009 8:32 AM >>>

Surrette Battery, THE battery company suggests NO MORE the 3 parallel
in a string & would like to see 2 preferably.

If there are more the 3 then they really not interested in warrantee
issues.

Jamie where are you??????

Now a days there are plenty of options for a good size/AH BB that can
be configured in 1 or 2 parallel strings.

 Its just that us old guys are having a harder time w/ gravity!

    Tump at swnl.net        www.SWNL.net ( http://www.swnl.net/ )
           Solarwinds Northernlights

   Serving Mid Coast Maine & Northern California
     Me.# 207-832-7574  Cl.#  610-517-8401

                          Blair "TUMP" May

      ********  MAINE'S CHARTER ********
            NABCEP    "Certified PV Installer"

      ********  MAINE'S CHARTER ********
   Trace Xantrex "Certified" Dealer / Installer"