[RE-wrenches] Battery Racks

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Mon Oct 19 16:15:51 PDT 2009

Kirpal:

We have custom built racks for 8D batteries and smaller.  We have done this
only for VRLA batteries.  We used uni-strut.

Finding trays, servicing flooded batteries up high or below in the dark and
lifting batteries are all daunting considerations.  If you can solve these
and you can obtain engineering, then building in-house may be possible.

Brainstorming here:  Could one install a trolley lift?  How about custom,
fiberglass lined plywood trays?

Good luck.

William Miller