[RE-wrenches] ST2500 inverter problem

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 19 20:37:40 PDT 2009

Hello Wrenches,

3 questions.

Our customer in Orange, CA has an ST2500 inverter system. The inverter AC
breaker is tripping (but not the electric service panel back-feed breaker).
Xantrex tech service told the customer that they no longer service the
ST2500 and to replace the inverter. I cannot make a house call to check it
out, but I think our customer may have a ground fault because the region
just had its first rain in several months.

1. Is there a licensed electrician in the Orange, CA area you can recommend?

2. If the inverter is bad, is does anyone repair ST2500s?

3. If the inverter bad and cannot be repaired, is there a 48 VDC input
non-battery inverter replacement available?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
Joel Davidson