[RE-wrenches] Battery Racks

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Mon Oct 19 15:39:16 PDT 2009

Kirpal - Keep it on the ground, installation and future removal will be a
nightmare.  Build on to the room it is too much weight to set up high. If
you have room for a forklift why not put the batteries on the floor.

Consider this - Do you want to service wet acid batteries at face level?

Call Rob at North West Energy Storage [HUP Solar One Batteries] for his
opinion. 941.474.0110

They have provided me with batteries since, oh 1989, oh my! They have never
steered me wrong.

Best to you,

Dana Orzel

Great Solar Works, Inc

www.solarwork.com

E - dana at solarwork.com

V - 970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140

C - 970.209.4076

I will be the shift in how the world uses power! - Dana Orzel

Hi All.....anyone have any experience with battery racking systems for big
banks of flooded lead acid batteries?  Typically we don't like to stack
flooded batteries but we may not have space for as big of a bank as we need
if we don't stack......Any one know of a company that engineers racks that
are seismically sound, have the ability to have spill containment all while
maintaining some accessibility?  I know DPW makes battery racks but looking
at their web site they are typically smaller than what we need.....
We need to support roughly 7000lbs.....and are exploring if this is even
doable....
Cheers and thanks!

--
Sunny Regards,