[RE-wrenches] Wire management

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Oct 7 19:03:53 PDT 2009

Walt:

Fascinating collection of photographs.  Your projects are ambitious and far
flung.

I brought over a hardware item from the broadcast industry: Lacing
strips:  http://www.middleatlantic.com/rackac/cablem/cablem.htm#lbars

I have a few photos on our web site of the
implementation:
http://millersolar.com/practices/Technical_Procedures/SW_Upgrade/SW_Upgrade.html

Thanks for sharing the photos.

William Miller

At 06:26 PM 10/7/2009, you wrote:

>Hello Kirpal,
>
>Walt Ratterman here.  I can respond to at least the first part.
>
>In Burundi, we used three 5 KW Sunny Island 5048’s in a three phase
>configuration.
>
>For all of the DC and AC breakers, wireways, etc., etc., we used the
>Outback Flexware equipment.
>
>We put the DC on the bottom and the AC on the top.  Due to the width of
>the SI’s, we used 2 – FW1000 systems to do this.  (And I am glad – we
>actually needed all of the wiring space.  I think it would work really
>well for your system.
>
>Of course, there may be some other good choices that I would be anxious to
>learn about as well.
>
>You can see some good photos of this installation at our photo gallery –
>linked form our Home Page at <http://www.sunepi.org>www.sunepi.org.  Click
>on the cover for the photos for the Burundi / Kigutu / Village Health
>Works / SELF project.
>
>Feel free to holler if you need any specifics on how we did anything here.
>
>OH – on your other question
I have no experience on large sealed banks,