[RE-wrenches] Bare copper in EMT?

Jeff Oldham starpower4u at juno.com
Fri Oct 9 12:03:12 PDT 2009

This link to galvanic compatibility is puzzling to me, it indicates that you should not connect copper wire to a gold plated terminal, or tin/lead solder on copper or connect a copper wire to a AL lug. However, all of these combo's are commonly done and most AL lugs are listed and rated for CU.  The charts I've relied on list all of the above as cathode/Noble metals with none being an anode.

What gives?

-jeff o