[RE-wrenches] DR>FX Compatibility Problem, Magnum inverters

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Fri Jun 19 20:22:07 PDT 2009

Larry,

As you may remember from an earlier post, the Magnum also wouldn't run a
Buderus hydronic boiler. Follow up testing never happened, so I have no more
info, as once a Lochinvar boiler was installed the problem ended, and
everyone else involved went home.

Allan Sindelar

Allan at positiveenergysolar.com

NABCEP Certified Photovoltaic Installer

EE98J Journeyman Electrician

Positive Energy, Inc.

3201 Calle Marie

Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507

505 424-1112

www.positiveenergysolar.comHi Jeff,

I am not sure if this relates to your issue but there is an issue with
Magnum inverters and Splindide washers. Splindide will not work on a Magnum
sine wave. They are aware of this. Here is a copy of my old post to the
list:

....I have a recent power issue come up with a Magnum inverter. A customer
tried to operate her Splindide washer/dryer but the motor would not start. I
looked at the waveform with a scope and RMS voltage and frequency were fine.
The waveform looked good until the motor tried to start. The washer was
putting a jagged noise riding on the sine wave. The voltage and waveform
still looked OK other than the noise. I was mostly sure that this was the
cause so I grabbed a 600 watt cheap import sine wave inverter and connected
the washer. Same ripple was present on the waveform but the $400 inverter
would run the washer motor fine. It also runs fine with a 1600 watt Honda
inverter/generator.

Larry Crutcher

Starlight Solar

(928) 941-1660

Renewable Energy Products, Service and Installation