[RE-wrenches] Solar Pathfinder data manipulation

Greg Egan greg at remotepowerinc.com
Sun Jun 14 17:49:47 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm doing a few Solar Site Survey Reports using the Solar Pathfinder
Assistant 4.0 Software.  We get snow and it sticks to modules so we need
to be able to model the arrays at 85 or 90 degrees during the likely
snowy months and closer to 50 degrees during the other months.  I was
hoping a) that the SP software would allow me to do this or b) it would
allow me to export the data tables into ms excel so I can do it myself.
I can't seem to figure out a way to get it to let me do either.

I can't believe I'm the only wrench in North America that has tried to
do this.  Anyone out there already done this successfully or know of
another program that I can buy to get it done?  I can just retype all
the data into excel every time I do a report but that seems a slow way
to do it and invites typing errors into the data set.

Thanks in advance,

Greg Egan
NABCEP Certified PV Installer & Licensed Electrician

Remote Power Inc.
981 Gold Mine Trail
Fairbanks, AK 99712
P. 907.457.4299

U.S.Distributor for Outback Power Systems and other premium power equipment.