[RE-wrenches] Code "Authorities"

Drake Chamberlin drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Mon Jun 8 06:46:52 PDT 2009

There are issues with some combiner boxes, when the fuse holders are
opened under load.  The current can (reportedly) make a continuous
arc across the contacts.  This is true for the higher voltages, for
grid tie inverters, and would be true for AC coupled off grid
systems.  Maybe 100 V would not be an issue.

At 10:51 PM 6/7/2009, you wrote:
>Kent:
>
>That is, if you put the screw in!  I approve of the new Outback
>combiner that is equipped with a dead-front.
>
>William
>

>At 06:27 PM 6/7/2009, you wrote:
>>William,
>>
>>I believe most combiner boxes don't qualify as a disconnect device
>>because it takes a screw driver to open them before you can turn anything off.
>>
>>Kent Osterberg
>>Blue Mountain Solar
>
>List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
>Options & settings: