[RE-wrenches] Inverters and their Manufacturers

Keith Cronin electrichi01 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 30 10:15:39 PDT 2009

We all have experienced the woes of the latest and greatest, as it tends to offer something that the previous model or another manu did not have. We all know that we are on the bleeding edge of technology, and with that premise in mind, the perfect inverter is the stuff of science fiction, not of engineering. Innovation is about taking some risks and learning from our failures and giving feedback to make things better. We all have clients out there that took risks with us to also be on the bleeding edge. We all learn from our mistakes and for me, this sometimes has been my well to constantly drink from- a resource to learn and like our industry- to share and improve what we are all trying to do- change the world, one clean electron at a time.

I am also servicing an old client with a SMA3800- the 4th replacement being delivered this week. Got manu support and they are also learning, by us, their customers, the challenges we all face. They need feedback on what is great and what needs improvement. We have a Astronauts type of obligation and committment to filling in the blanks for them. Sure they all tend to get enthused about pushing products out potentially early, alot because we want them. If we correlelate it to Joels theorem as well, we can wait, but we are all innovators and want to share with the latest and greatest. Most designs, from an engineering perspective are done from a defensive angle anyway, and are usually overly conservative. We all fall short at times in reaching our stated objectives as nothing is perfect, but taking the safe and easy path is a road to a mundance existence.

If I can steal away a quote from Descartes famous line- Cogito ergo sum (I think, therefore I am) and replace it with Fallor ergo sum (I fail, therefore I am). We all have nothing to loose but our mediocrity....so lets continue to innovate and grow and take our lumps and improve on yesterday for a better tomorrow.

Aloha

Keith