[RE-wrenches] black roof boots

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 19 07:38:13 PDT 2009

Jeff,

I don't know if it helps, but just this morning I sent this below to some
Southern California solar contractors. Email me if you want the letter.

Good news from a new CALSEIA member, Brad Bartz, ABC Solar. The Palos Verdes
Art Jury http://www.palosverdes.com/homesassociation/restrictions.htm (no
comment) was concerned about the aesthetics of his 3 PV projects because
they used solar modules with blue cells and "silver" frames as compared to
all black solar modules. Brad reports he "was able to pull the building
permit from the Palos Verdes Estates Building department, over Art Jury
objections of my Blue solar panels. Code 714 and the letter of intent from
Assemblyman Wolk were known and respected by the city. The Art Jury has
effectively been neutralized. With that being said, however, it does appear
that the Art Jury is going to try and defend its turf. The Wolk Letter
states clearly that aesthetics reasons are null and void. At this point
(Brad is) waiting to see what they will do. The journalist from
www.pvnews.com (local paper) said his story will be in tomorrow's paper."

Best regards,
Joel Davidson