[RE-wrenches] black roof boots

Eric Andrews eric at ecosolarnow.com
Thu Mar 19 08:33:19 PDT 2009

Sanyo HIT's have black frames... most manufacturers use anti-reflective
glass.  Maybe a bifacial panel would be a good choice... (Sanyo HIT Double)
Seems like a black "background" or substrate is a counterproductive idea, as
that would increase cell temps and decrease efficiency...  Sometimes
customers are not privy to how crystalline technology works and a discussion
of efficiency is necessary.  A customer will get more "bang for their buck"
if they make efficiency their first priority.

http://us.sanyo.com/HIT-Power/HIT-Power-HIT-Photovoltaic-Module

Eric R. Andrews
Klamath Falls, OR 97601

Along this same thread, I have a large ground mounted residential system
proposal on hold because homeowner association has requested low reflective
glazing and all black frames on all modules. I have seen a few dark bronze
anodized aluminum frame modules over the years but would like to see a list
of which modules in the 175 to 200 watt range are available with optional
all black trim, frame, and background behind cells.

Thanks,

Jeff Yago