[RE-wrenches] black roof boots

Jason Lombard openhandsolar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 08:54:23 PDT 2009

The HIT Dbls are a silver frame and funny enough the new hold down solution
from Unirac has them available only in black.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Eric Andrews <eric at ecosolarnow.com> wrote:

> Sanyo HIT's have black frames... most manufacturers use anti-reflective
> glass.  Maybe a bifacial panel would be a good choice... (Sanyo HIT Double)
> Seems like a black "background" or substrate is a counterproductive idea,
> as
> that would increase cell temps and decrease efficiency...  Sometimes
> customers are not privy to how crystalline technology works and a
> discussion
> of efficiency is necessary.  A customer will get more "bang for their buck"
> if they make efficiency their first priority.
>
> http://us.sanyo.com/HIT-Power/HIT-Power-HIT-Photovoltaic-Module
>

> Eric R. Andrews
> Klamath Falls, OR 97601
> >>

> Along this same thread, I have a large ground mounted residential system
> proposal on hold because homeowner association has requested low reflective
> glazing and all black frames on all modules. I have seen a few dark bronze
> anodized aluminum frame modules over the years but would like to see a list
> of which modules in the 175 to 200 watt range are available with optional
> all black trim, frame, and background behind cells.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Yago

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings:

> List rules & etiquette:

Jason Lombard
Open Hand Solar LLC.
Certified Sustainable Building Adviser
www.openhandsolar.com
505 795 8646

“I'd put my money on solar energy… I hope we don't have to wait 'til oil and
coal run out before we tackle that.”

—Thomas Edison