[RE-wrenches] larger off-grid system inverter preference

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Thu Mar 5 05:44:13 PST 2009

Howie,

We installed a 10 kW grid tied system w/ a 5048 Sunny Island battery backup system right after they came out. Although it's not off grid, the utility power at the site goes down regularly and the Sunny Island has always kicked in flawlessly. We have our system connected to a WebBox to make sure everything stays healthy.

Overall, I'd recommend the system although it is expensive. By using two 5048s you'll be able to produce 240 v power without an autoformer which is nice.

Good luck. -August

 August Goers

Luminalt Energy Corporation
4000 Irving Street