[RE-wrenches] larger off-grid system inverter preference

North Texas Renewable Energy Inc ntrei at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 5 19:45:55 PST 2009

Howie
I installed 2 of the early 4248 SIs with 4 2500Us feeding thru the pair.
Some minor programming glitch during setup was addressed with a new chipset
from SMA and the system has worked without problems ever since. I'm
fortunate that the ranch manager at the facility was helping with the entire
installation and is capable of monitoring the system as needed.
If he's happy, I'm happy.
I know of twice that the grid failed, within the first 6 months of
operation, and the entire system worked flawlesly. Yes the price is high but
the reliability appears to be typical of SMA products.

my 3 cts [after inflation]
Jim Duncan
North Texas Renewable Energy Inc
817.917.0527