[RE-wrenches] larger off-grid system inverter preference

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Mar 5 00:03:19 PST 2009

Howie:

I don't know about the Island, but Outback does not have generator support
-- the XW does.  For occasional high load situations, this feature will
allow a somewhat smaller generator sizing.  Please do not confuse generator
support with generator remote start.

We have installed a 1 a 2 and are planning a 3 XW 6048 installation and so
far, so good.  There have been some minor firmware problems, mostly with
the AGS module.

Xantrex, if you are listening, the sooner you can resolve the AGS, the better.

XP computers interface with the XW Xanbus but Vista machines do not.   I
spent three trips before tech support remembered to tell me.  This while an
XP machine was as close as my service truck. Having said this, tech support
has answered promptly and worked hard to resolve issues.

William Miller

At 09:47 PM 3/4/2009, you wrote:

>I'm leaning toward using 2 SI 5048's, but not having used SI's before, I
>am wondering about 4 OB VFX3648's (since I'm quite familiar with them).  I
>like the sophistication and options (and I believe better charging
>efficiency) of the the SI's, but would be interested in feedback from
>others experience.
>
>Thanks as always,
>Howie
>--
>Howie Michaelson
>NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™

Please note new e-mail address and domain:

William Miller
Miller Solar
Voice :805-438-5600     Fax: 805-438-4607
email: william at millersolar.com
http://millersolar.com
License No. C-10-773985