[RE-wrenches] Stimulus Package & Solar Thermal

Dave Click daveclick at fsec.ucf.edu
Mon Feb 16 08:21:26 PST 2009

According to REA, yes that cap (and a few others) has been lifted:
http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/news/article/2009/02/update-house-passes-final-version-of-stimulus-package

"Caps on the tax credits for residential solar hot water, geothermal
heat and small wind systems will be removed under the new bill as well.
Under current law, businesses are allowed to claim a 30% tax credit for
qualified small wind energy property capped at $4,000. Individuals are
allowed to claim a 30% tax credit for qualified solar water heating
property capped at $2,000; qualified small wind energy property, capped
at $500 per kilowatt of capacity, up to $4,000; and qualified geothermal
heat pumps capped at $2,000. This proposal is estimated to cost $872
million over 10 years."

This is the only place I've seen it; Pelosi's summary on SEIA's website
doesn't mention these specifically.
http://seia.org/galleries/pdf/Economic Recovery Conference Report
Overview 02 12 09 FINAL.pdf

DKC