[RE-wrenches] future market crystal ball

Wind-sun.com windsun at wind-sun.com
Wed Feb 4 09:47:28 PST 2009

We saw the same thing, and it is like deja vu all over again.

And I totally agree on this part: ". I think any government related "gift"
always brings more problems than they are worth, as sooner or later there
will be more forms to fill out, more fees, inspections, approvals, and other
strings that are always attached.."

Subsidies and "gifts" always distort the true market, inviting profiteers
and fly by night operations. We are seeing them already. This applies to
solar panels just as much as it does to ethanol, corn, or oil.

And the increased government regulation started hitting at least two years
ago. We will be stuck with those regulations forever, but eventually the
subsidies will go away. While panel prices have dropped somewhat, we have
seen a huge increase in things like permit costs, general (often useless)
red tape, etc.

Northern Arizona Wind & Sun - Electricity From The Sun