[RE-wrenches] Fw: Uncaught bounce notification

Aram Alexander aram at aramsolar.com
Wed Feb 4 11:16:26 PST 2009

An email I sent to SEIA President ,

Rhone you don't know me but I am a Solar contractor in CA, have been for more then 8 years, Sold, designed, installed over 400 systems.

I buy a lot of Material related to the solar industry, so I know pricing. The NY Times has quoted you as saying " The price of solar panels has fallen by 25% in Six months." http://www.nytimes.com:80/2009/02/04/business/04windsolar.html

It's just not true, hopefully they got what you said wrong.  $ 0.25 to $0.40 cents a watt is more like what the cost has been reduced .

This kind of rhetoric that is going around the industry and news right now about the cost of solar dropping by huge margins is costing my fellow contractors and me jobs, meaning folks read this stuff and frankly they are going to wait and see if they can get a system for 25% cheaper. It just will not happen, Maybe 5%, but not 25%....

I used to be a CalSeia member, but stopped because you all have gotten to big for us little guys, especially when the pioneers get past up for newbie's with a lot of money that have no concept of construction or customer service.

Please correct the Times reporter.

Sunny Days are ahead,

  Aram A. Alexander
 Design Engineer
 General & Electrical
 Contractor Lic.750852

 3335 E. Lathrop Rd.
 Manteca, Ca. 95336

 www.aramsolar.com
Mobile:                 209-649-4204-Best
Main Office Tel:  (866) 6 SOLAR 6
Fax:                     (800) 852-8870