[RE-wrenches] Mobile Solar power Center

Starlight Solar, Yuma, AZ larry at starlightsolar.com
Mon Jan 19 13:06:05 PST 2009

Peter,

We use ANL type fuses (see here) in mobile applications for circuits
like converters, generator starters and other heavy distribution
circuits up to 300 amp. For large inverters with 2/0 and above cable
we recommend Class T fusing.

The Prosine 1000 should be protected with a 150 amp fuse (see table 4
of the manual). For simple short circuit protection the ANL should
work fine. It has an interrupt rating of about 2700 amperes and up to
80 Vdc. I am not positive about the legality. The way I understand it,
SAE makes standards and NEC makes no rules for 12 volt mobile systems.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar
11279 S. Glenwood Ave #11114
Yuma, AZ 85367
(928) 941-1660

larry at starlightsolar.com
www.starlightsolar.com

Retail Store: 2998 Shari, Yuma, AZ

Renewable Energy Products, Service and Installation